1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
With us is a list of information we collect from our clients or customers:
Personal information you passed on us.
As one registers on our website, we normally gather some information about that client depending on the activities he/she will perform on the website such as; reviewing the about us/services tab, contacting us on our helpline Centre and any other one to one interaction in the website. Each and every information we collect from a customer in our website differ from others because we save that information depending on the areas you’ve visited mostly compared to others.
There are a lot of activities people perform on the website such as; writing publicized messages on our online convocations, contests, competitions etc. Perhaps you have been reviewing a certain product in our website, our systems will automatically save that activity under your information.
We have classified this information into two phases:
- Personal information you have come up with. They include: Name, email address, phone number and any other related information you give out. Take note that the information you provide must be true, correct and precise. Incase you want to make some changes it’s good you notify us on any change you aspire to make.
- Automatically collected information. This information is obtained whenever you visit or navigate through our website pages and may include; your internet protocol address, key feature or characteristics of the device you use. We know you might be asking yourself whether this information can disclose your identification? Well, the answer to this question is a NO. Automatically collected information can only display the device’s usage information which might include; Your IP address, operating system, device name, country, location and how you use our website.
To be able to maintain the security and operation of our website, we use this type of information. Many businesses with websites gather information through cookies and other technologies, same case applies to our website.
Below are some of the most sensitive information we collect automatically.
- Log and usage data. This information is obtained by our servers from the moment you access and use our website. The log files are recorded as you continue surf through our pages. It’s from this rightful moment that the information is stored in log data. Information about your activity such as (Usage time and date, files and the pages you’ve opened/ accessed may as well be obtained.
- Device data. This refer to the information about any gadget you are using to access the website such as; Computer, Phone, Tablet etc. The type of information that might be obtained from the gadget may include; browser type, IP address, location and Operating system details.
- Location data. We only obtain the location which your device accessed our website. The size of the information we obtain from your device may differ from any other person since it all depends on the device’s settings. Let’s say we use GPS to collect your geographical location that shows us your exact current location. If you are not comfortable with us accessing your location, you can as well opt out by turning off the location tab. It’s also important to know that if you will decide to turn off the location settings, you will be limited to access certain services.
2. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
A simple answer to this question is a No, but under certain circumstances Yes, only with your consent.
The following are some of the circumstances in which we may share your personal data:
Business Transfers. This can only happen if we decide to sell our company assets to another company. Your information will be shared during negotiation.
Google Maps Platform APIs. We can still share your information with some of Google maps platform APIs.
Business Partners. Assuming you want to get some services/ products from our business partners, we may share your information to ease the process.
Third-Party Advertisers. Have you ever seen some ads when you access our website? Don’t panic, we use these third parties to serve ads to you. These Companies use the information about your last visits to our website and track your product history to bring you advertisements about products and services that might show some interest to you.
Affiliates. We may still share your information with our affiliates. Those who don’t understand or have an idea of who affiliates are will not be left out since we are going to show you who our affiliates are: Our parent company and joint venture partners. Affiliates means that our company control them or we have a common control.
Other users. Sharing your personal information with others on the public areas of the website like the comment section may be viewed publicly by all users. This information can be made available outside the website.
3. WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
Due to transparency issues, we can clearly show you the 2 categories of third parties that we share your information with. Before then, it’s important to know that if any of these sounds awkward to you maybe because you would wish to repeal your consent you can contact us.
Our Third parties’ category include;
Affiliate Marketing Programs.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
AS a matter of fact, we keep your information for as long as it is important to fulfil the intentions in the privacy notice unless otherwise required by the law. Privacy notice is the only measure that limits us from keeping your personal information forever. When the law permits a longer retention period, then your personal information will be deleted. Let’s say a person decides to delete the account he/she has with the company website, there will be to reason for us to keep holding and saving his/her personal information with us. When we have no ongoing legitimate business purpose to process your personal information, we will automatically delete the kind of personal information we have about you. If we find out that there is no a clear way to delete the information, we will securely store your personal data and put it aside from the others until deletion option is possible.
6. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
A system of organizational and technical security measureshas been put in place to protect your personal information. Any personal information we process is highly protected and secured. This has been made possible by implementing the appropriate technical and organizational security measures. As we all know, there has been a great number of reported cyber crimes in the world. As a matter of fact, there is no any information that can be 100% secure when we have digital technology. We can’t guarantee you 100% security to your personal information, but we will do our super best to keep your personal information safe and away from danger. Don’t take the risk of transmitting your personal information to and from our website. Before you access the website, make sure that the environment is secure and safe.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You can review, change or delete your account at any given time. Everyone deserves to be given the right to privacy. If you are suspecting or you are sure that we are processing your personal information unlawfully, don’t keep quiet, instead complain since you have that right. This complain will be taken by local data protection supervisory authority.
There are two approaches you can use when you want to review, make changes or delete your account, they include:
Log in to your account settings and update your user account.
Once you have submitted a request to terminate your account, we will then delete or deactivate your account from our active databases. Nevertheless, we can’t delete all the information since we may use some of that information to assist in any investigations or any other diligent matter to solve. We may retain some information in our files to prevent fraudsters or troubleshooting problems.
Cookies and similar technologies.
We all know that most websites have cookies and they are set to accept cookies by default. If you hate them, you can as well decide to remove or reject cookies but remember that doing so may affect some services and certain features of our website.
Opting out of email marketing.
We all receive emails notifications from our website from the moment you created an account. Note that, at any given time one can still unsubscribe from our marketing email list by clicking the unsubscribe link in our emails.
Access your account settings and update your preferences.
8. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES.
As we all know, this feature known as Do-Not-Track is present in most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications. This feature enables users to signal their privacy preference not to have data about their online browsing activities monitored and collected. UP to date, there is no uniform technology standard for identifying and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. We will keep you posted/ updated once we a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the feature.
9. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
The simple answer to this question is YES, we keep updating this notice frequently to stay up to date with relevant laws. To know whether this is an updated version, it will be indicated by updated “Revised” date and updated version will be available as soon as it us accessed. This can as well be done by other means such as sending you a direct notification or posting a change notice.
10. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If anyone has a question about this notice, you may email us at [email protected] or by post to CipCol Building, Yongtai 5nd Road, Chenghai District, Shantou, Guangdong Province China.
11. HOW CAN YOU DELETE, REVIEW OR UPDATE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
There are different ways which you can use to perform the above operations. Request access to the personal information we collect from you. You can decide what you want to do with that information, but for this case, deleting is the only option. For more actions and information, visit cipcol.org.